Since opening in October 2013, the federal health care marketplaces have enrolled more than 8 million people. And, an additional 4.5 million people became eligible for Medicaid through the ACA enrollment process. Because of their important role in communities, non-profit free tax preparation sites helped to distribute information about ACA enrollment and connect low-income families to health insurance enrollment opportunities. While tax time was an important gateway for ACA last year, it will be even more critical in 2015 as families prepare to re-enroll and determine if they calculated their premiums correctly.
Watch the ACA & Tax Time webinar to learn what you need to know for the upcoming tax season! This webinar highlights lessons learned from the 2014 open enrollment season and critical issues for funders for 2015 related to enrollment, reconciliation and premium tax credits. Key questions addressed include:
- What did we learn from 2014’s ACA open enrollment season?
- What do you need to know for enrollment, re-enrollment and reconciliation in 2015?
- Where can you find the most up-to-date guidelines and regulations?
- Judy Solomon, Vice President for Health Policy at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and
- Tara Straw, Senior Policy Analyst in the Health Policy Department of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Click here to view the slides from the webinar.
This webinar is co-sponsored by the EITC Funders Network and Grantmakers In Health.