Eye on the Long-Term: COVID-19, VITA, and the Future of Free Tax Preparation
Tuesday, November 17 I 1pm – 2pm EST
- What can we learn from the experiences of this past tax season? What are the ongoing gaps and barriers being carried into next tax season?
- Is the shift to alternative service delivery models a shift for the moment or an investment in a permanent infrastructure transition?
- If virtual is the way forward, what are the opportunities and the missing pieces?
- How do we think about tying the work to financial capability and other services going forward?
- How can we best support the field in this moment and with an eye on the long-term?
This funder conversation will provide an opportunity to hear reflections on this past tax season, discuss lessons learned, and talk together as a funder community about ways to apply these learnings and ensure and expand access to critical VITA services going forward.